Drupal Installation

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Mon Oct 5 01:59:35 UTC 2015

Quoting Eric March <eric at adelaidebusinesssystems.com.au>:

> Hi
>
> Is there anyone in Adelaide that uses Ubuntu server and LAMP?
>
> Happy to pay a reasonable fee to get my system going.
>

> I have apache2 working and I can open it from a geographically remote PC
>
> I have installed PHP and Drupal using apt-get
>

> When I go to guru.ebmpl.com.au/drupal/install.php I get a "Requirements
> Problem"
>

> PHP register globals                        Disabled
>
> PHP extensions                                Disabled
>

> Drupal requires you to enable the PHP extensions in the following list (see
> the system requirements page for more details.
>

> I have spent the afternoon searching PHP help and Drupal help and found
> various suggested solutions but I still can't get drupal to install.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> Eric March
>
> Strathalbyn  SA   5255

Eric,

the requirement that drupal was complaining about to me a few minutes
ago when I followed the installation URL you supplied above had only
one item, the php gd library. My package manager describes it as
php5-gd, do you see this in your repos? It might be worthwhile to use
apt-get to put it in then rerun the install script

Dave

--
"As long as politics is the shadow cast on society by big business,
the attenuation of the shadow will not change the substance."

-- John Dewey