Weather app ???

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Nov 29 22:41:00 UTC 2015

On Sunday 29 November 2015 17:23:31 Larry wrote:

> *Does anyone know of a good weather app that works on Ubuntu...???
>
> Thanks for any help...
>
> Larry
> *

I do not run a weather app per sei, but I do use the system monitor,
gkrellm, and its weather plugin. This, at say 60 minute intervals,
fetches from nearest airports weather station, formats it into something
readable, and all I have to do is "hover" the mouse pointer over it.

Right now, at the airport lat/long of 39-18N-080-13W (20 miles
north-northeast of me), at 22.03 UTC, wind was NNE at 7 mph, visibility
was 2.5 miles, sky was overcast, light mist, temp is 42.1F (5.6C), Dew
point is 40.F (5.0C) for a relative humidity of 95%. Barometer is at
30:19 in/hg.  I just came in from a trip to Wallies, and thats what I
observed in that nominally 6 mile drive.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)