OT: How do I Automount an Hard dRive in my Computer in Ubuntu?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 29 15:26:21 UTC 2015

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 29.11.2015, 15:53 +0100 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:

> A systemd unit works too, gnome-whatsoever works too, but they aren't
> exactly the ideal solutions.

in the product Ubuntu which we support here on this mailing list these
solutions are as appropriate as editing fstab, especially if one of
them went through QA was tested by 100s of people in the iso testing
teams and has been selected the appropriate tool for the end user.

while it is nice that you can hack around via fstab, this isnt the only
way and most likely not the most appropriate way for any enduser,
especially if he can have a tool that makes 100% sure that the entries
are verified and have no typos.

as the OP said, he used a tool that prevented him from doing it wrong
which is exactly the right thing here ... it is surely not wrong to
point out that there are other ways that require you to open a terminal
and to edit a file but claiming it is the only way is clearly spreading
FUD and not helpful at all, please stop this ...

ciao
	oli