Signatures and mailing list footers - Was: Nautilus

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Nov 28 21:35:05 UTC 2015

On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 21:19:11 +0100, Petter Adsen wrote:

>> > I'm pretty sure I do, Claws Mail inserts the sig separator
>> > automatically.
>
>But this is really OT.

Hi,

it's not entirely OT, since the issue is caused by the mailing list's
footer.

There is a space behind the -- of Petter's mail(s). The Issue is related
to the mailing list's footer, that also does use -- with a space at the
end.

Claws 3.13.0-13-g4ff162b does remove Petter's signature and the mailing
list's footer.

Evolution 3.18.2 does remove the mailing list's footer, but keeps
Petter's signature. _AND_ behind the quoted --, Evolution removes the
space. There's a space for Petter's original signature, but it gets
deleted for the quote.

This issue doesn't happen, if the mailing list footer does use

Gene seems to use KMail 1.9.10, it seemingly behaves as Evolution does.

Regards,
Ralf