not able to login with ubuntu 15.04

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 26 09:59:56 UTC 2015

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 26.11.2015, 15:11 +0530 schrieb abhishek jain:
> Hi Oliver
>

> I need to boot the arm target board with this root file system and I'm
> also able to do so.But the problem is that I'm stuck at login
> prompt.What could be the reason for this?
read what i wrote ;)
you need to set a root password before booting (or make the root account
password-less) ...

> I'm able to boot different target boards with powerpc arch with the
> root file system from the same link but I didn't faced such issues
> earlier.
i highly doubt that was the same image then, ubuntu-core has never set a
password or enabled any way to log in without tinkering and the image is
identical on all architectures ...

also see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Core (though the "sudo" suff is nonsense there
since sudo is not seeded on these images you need to set a root pw or
edit /etc/shadow as i said above)

ciao
	oli