not able to login with ubuntu 15.04

Tony Baechler bats at batsupport.com
Thu Nov 26 09:51:18 UTC 2015

On 11/26/2015 1:45 AM, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-11-26 at 14:38 +0530, abhishek jain wrote:
>> I'm not able to login the ubuntu image with ubuntu15.04 root file system.I
> [...]
>> localhost login: root
>> Password:
>> Login incorrect
>
> During the Ubuntu install process, you would have been asked for a
> username and password. Log in as that username, with that password.

No, this is incorrect.  As was already posted here, it is a minimal image
designed for a chroot environment.  According to the manifest here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/releases/15.04/release/ubuntu-core-15.04-core-arm64.manifest

the sudo package isn't even shipped, so it would be impossible to use sudo
unless it is installed manually.  I did see a link for ARM server installs
on the download page which might be helpful, but I didn't look at it.