not able to login with ubuntu 15.04

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 26 09:33:27 UTC 2015

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 26.11.2015, 14:38 +0530 schrieb abhishek jain:
> Hi Team
>
> I'm not able to login the ubuntu image with ubuntu15.04 root file
> system.I have downloaded the ubuntu-core-15.04-core-arm64.tar.gz image
> from below link..
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/releases/15.04/release/

this ubuntu-core image is mainly used for chroots and build environments
(it is not related to i.e. snappy ubuntu core)...

there is no user setup or root password set and it has a cut down list
of packages installed (just enough OS to run apt).

it is a skeleton tarball for you to use as a base if you want to build
something very minimal or need a chroot environment quickly. it is not
"an OS for direct use", you would have to create a user or set a root
password manually *before* first boot ...

ciao
	oli