Updates for wrong OS

silver.bullet at zoho.com silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Nov 12 15:42:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 16:28:25 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>Am 12.11.2015, 16:09 +0100 schrieb silver.bullet:
>> cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* is not the same as
>> cat /etc/apt/sources.list ;).
>>
>well, if there would be anything CD related in that dir the apt-get
>update call would have failed

Hi,

since the OP has got third party repositories included, we don't know
what "updater" is used. Perhaps the updater is a third party updater.

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 09:27:11 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 9:19 AM,  <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>> PS: What "updater" is used? Perhaps the updater ignores apt settings.
>>
>Software Updater is the name.
>Version: update-manager 1:0.196.14
>
>If it does ignore the apt settings, this would be it keeps its own
>set, correct?

_If so_, then yes, but I don't know how the Ubuntu updater works and I
don't know if there are third party updaters available and if so, how
they work.

I'm using apt-get from command line and sometimes synaptic. I don't use
third party repositories and I'm aware of any third party software I
compiled or installed with dpkg.

Regards,
Ralf