flashplugin-installer

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Wed Nov 11 08:35:24 UTC 2015

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 08:43:58 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> On Monday 09 November 2015 04:00:52 Petter Adsen wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 03:23:06 -0500
> > Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Not to my knowledge.  Where/how is that to be checked on ?
> >
> > Open "about:addons", click "Plugins", see if Shockwave Flash is set
> > to "Ask to Activate". If it is, try "Always Activate".
> >
> Two choices, always ask, disable
>
> > There is also a setting in about:config that's called
> > plugins.click_to_play, but I can't tell you how these two settings
> > interact. It should probably be set to "false" if you want autoplay,
> > though.
> >
> That didn't help either.

After reading some Mozilla documentation, the latter of these settings
seem to affect what is visible in the first one, so you could try to
toggle it and see if it changes.

But the dialog you get above does not jive with what is in later
Firefox versions, so I'm guessing you are using Iceweasel. In that
case, all bets are off, and I can't help you. You really should check
the mailing list thread I referenced earlier, as it contained a lot of
useful info, and will help you more than an Ubuntu list can.

You could also try to download the latest, plain Firefox from Mozilla,
and see if you have better luck with that. Any documentation you can
find will at least be more likely to help.

> Flash claims it was updated just in august, is version 11.2.202.508

It updated today here on Wily, so there should be one in Debian also.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"