flashplugin-installer

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 10 18:44:15 UTC 2015

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 08.11.2015, 10:26 -0500 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> Greetings all;
>
> One of those somebody has to ask it questions.  I just updated my
> lappy,
> which hadn't been in a couple months, which has a 14.04 LUbuntu
> install
> on it, and its wasting time yet trying to download the tarball of
> adobe's flashplayer.

the tarball download is a requirement to fulfill adobes license ...
it requires the user to accept the license "before you download the
product" ...

in a deb package you can only show notices once you have the contents
on disk already, i.e. never before the download ... so the flashplugin
-installer package actually only contains a license it shows to you and
a few lines of wget scripting to put the tarball in place ...

that is sadly the only legal way to deal with such pre-download licensi
ng requirements ...

ciao

	oli