How to configure BOINC to automatically start

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Thu Nov 5 08:43:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 19:39:29 -0800
"Bob" <ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net> wrote:

> I thought I had this working with the last version (15.04) of Ubuntu.
>
> I had converted my BOINC upstart configuration files to systemd
> files.  That has worked since I updated from 14.10 to 15.04.  Now I
> have updated to 15.10 and BOINC will not start.  Does anyone have the
> names of the configuration files and their loaction so I can get this
> working again?

If you mean the package 'boinc-client', you can see what files the
package installed with 'dpkg -L boinc-client'. These two might be of
interest:

/etc/init.d/boinc-client
/lib/systemd/system/boinc-client.service

If you mean the package 'boinc-manager' and a startup script you have
created for that, I suggest you use 'find' or 'locate' to search for
files with a relevant name. Startup scripts are normally located
under /lib/systemd/system, /etc/systemd/system or /etc/init.d.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"