School talk - Very OT

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 09:03:16 UTC 2015

On 3 November 2015 at 11:05, arelem3 <arelem3 at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hello
> With recent changes to the Australian education curriculum in which IT is
> a main focus (finally) I would like to ask if there are any Ubuntu people
> in Melbourne and suburbs who have some experience in corporations or large
> businesses, who would be willing to give a talk to secondary school
> students at a rural school about data, data storage, data transfer and the
> like.
>
> My daughter teaches the classes and has written the school's curriculum
> and feels that a talk fro professional people would encourage students.
>
> Apologies for OT but I hope someone is available and interested to help.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Roger

Good evening Roger,

As you've mentioned you've already acknowledged that this post is off topic
for this list. Instead I would like to point you to some local resources
that would be much better suited to such a request.

Firstly, there is the Australian Loco team [1] which has a mailing list [2]
that might be a good place to start. Being a local myself (g'day) I also
know there is a very active Linux User group in Victoria [3] that might
another place to look.

I'm happy to discuss it further off list if you're interested but please
keep all posts to the list on topic

[1] http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-au/
[3] http://luv.asn.au/

Regards,