Ban IP's from saslauthd/postfix?

Ed Begens edbegens at gmail.com
Sun May 24 16:07:03 UTC 2015

Hi Petter,

IPtables can be quite intimidating, but there are quite a few resources
on the web and from ubuntu on it.  A quick fix, *if you need it right
now*, would be as follows:

But note, there is much, much more to know about IPtables, please read
all you can before you start to utilize it.

The example will show how to block a range of addresses below.  It will
not be persistent upon a server reboot.

For an IP address, using an example, 116.10.191.0

To block 116.10.191.* addresses:

|$ sudo iptables -A INPUT -s 116.10.191.0/24 -j DROP|

To block 116.10././ addresses:

|$ sudo iptables -A INPUT -s 116.10.0.0/16 -j DROP|

To block 116././.* addresses: