anacron (e.g., cron.daily) not working after upgrade to 15.04

Tony Baechler - BATS bats at batsupport.com
Wed May 20 08:19:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

Yes, I would guess it's the lack of Upstart.  Just install upstart as
normal.  You'll probably get a warning which you can safely ignore.  I have
tried sysvinit, upstart and systemd and I like sysvinit best, but there
should be no problem switching back to Upstart for now.  Someone should
probably file a bug though as that error shouldn't be happening.

--

Tony Baechler, CEO