Weird Login Problem

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon May 18 08:27:10 UTC 2015

On 17 May 2015 at 16:34, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il> wrote:
> I've installed Ubuntu 14.04 on a friend's laptop and chose to auto login.
>
> The weird thing is, that once every few  (10-20) logins he gets the logon
> screen asking for his password.
>
> He is in his 70's and his memory is not what it used to be. No matter what I
> set as a password, he forgets, and forgets where he wrote it down...

Are you sure that is exactly what is happening?  I know that with
non-expert users the problem is often not quite as described.
Possibly, for example, he is actually unintentionally logging off or
locking the screen.  In System Settings > Brightness & Lock have you
set Lock Off and don't require password when waking from suspend?

Colin