Weird Login Problem

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Mon May 18 07:56:13 UTC 2015

Amichai Rotman wrote:

> I've installed Ubuntu 14.04 on a friend's laptop and chose to auto login.
>
> The weird thing is, that once every few  (10-20) logins he gets the logon
> screen asking for his password.
>
> He is in his 70's and his memory is not what it used to be. No matter what
> I set as a password, he forgets, and forgets where he wrote it down...
>
> Why does it happen, and do I prevent it?

No idea and no idea, but the obvious work-arounds are;
reboot, or depending on the security threat, write the
password on a piece of masking tape and put it on the
computer.

Are you his system administrator?  If so, make your
account the primary account, and set up his account
without a password.

--
blind Pete
Sig goes here...