time trackers

Jonesy SPAM_TRAP_gmane at jonz.net
Sun May 17 12:32:03 UTC 2015

On Thu, 14 May 2015 08:38:05 +1000, Karl Auer wrote:
> I've found a nifty little time tracker in the Ubuntu repos called, well,
> "TimeTracker", but it's annoyingly buggy and apparently not supported
> any more. It's good enough to keep using, but I was wondering what other
> time trackers people can recommend?
>
> Ideal feature list would be:
>
> - easy grouping of tasks by client
> - nested group (allows client projects)
> - tagging of tasks (multiple tags)
> - deals with start time and end time automatically
> - fully editable task entries! <- critical
> - export in CSV or TSV format (XML and so a plus)
> - export by date/time range
> - views/summaries by group, tag etc
>
> If TimeTracker did not clear the group whenever the tags were edited it
> would be very nearly perfect, but this bug effectively makes the groups
> unusable. I work for several different clients and need to group by
> client. Yes I could use extra tags, but that's ugly and inconvenient.

 -bump-

I, too, would like to see if there are any recommended time trackers for
linux.  My wife has finally decided to join me and move to linux for her
web work.  She needs a simple time tracker that can keep track of time
by client -- and which is easy to stop and re-start on interruptions.
Since I NEVER keep track of _my_ time, I cannot help her here...

tnx
Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones    | Marvin      | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.238N 104.547W |  @ jonz.net | Jonesy |  OS/2