Samba4 doubt

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri May 15 19:43:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Amaury Viera Hernández <avhernandez at uci.cu>
wrote:

> Good afternoon:
> I work at the University of Computer Sciences in Cuba and I am currently
> doing an application for adding my computer to an Active Directory Domain
> Controller  using realmd and sssd. This works fine for me. Besides, I need
> to share file and folders for specific users in the Active Directory Domain
> Controller of my organization. This could be accomplished using samba4.
> Could you help me to setup samba4 to share files and folders for  specific
> users in the Active Directory Domain Controller of my organization.

Greetings!

I don't use Windows or Samba, but I thought I would suggest some things
that might get you the help you need:

Try following the directions at
  https://wiki.samba.org/
or
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Samba/SambaServerGuide

If you cannot get Samba to work, post a specific question to the list
saying exactly what you tried, and what happened when you did.

P.S.: I used a search engine to find those two links.

HOWEVER if your access to Internet sources is limited but you have a
complete Ubuntu repository, open the Ubuntu Software Center and search for
Samba. The Software Center lists some other Samba-related items you may
find useful. Next, click the link at the bottom saying "technical items,"
and install samba-doc if it hasn't been installed already.

Most of the system documentation gets installed on your system as man pages
or info pages or in /usr/share/doc/<package_name>. The man page
documentation for samba lists the basic commands and each of those pages
may suggest some additional resources.

Good luck!