Recent stability issues with *buntu 14.04?

John Hupp ubuntu at prpcompany.com
Mon May 11 18:30:51 UTC 2015

A Lubuntu 14.04 i386 machine that also runs an LTSP server has locked up
hard 3 times since 5/7.  I took note in the latest lockup that I was
logged in and just running the file manager, and that one thin client
was logged in but not doing anything.

Not even the magic syskeys would get me out gracefully, so I had to do a
hard shutdown in all 3 cases.

The last syslog entry was 15 minutes prior to the lockup, so no clues there.

Has anyone else with a similar configuration noticed any stability
issues recently?