Read one DVD, then none work

Tony Baechler - BATS bats at batsupport.com
Tue May 5 04:51:23 UTC 2015

On 5/4/2015 9:42 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> I have a Blu-ray writer and a DVD writer in my system box.
>
> I put a DVD in the Blu-ray drive and read it.
>
> Then I put another one in, and nothing comes up.  It won't read the
> disk as far as I can tell.  If I put the DVD in the DVD writer, same
> response (none).
>
> The disks never mount.

Hi,

What do you get if you do this after you give the DVD about 30 seconds to
spin up?

dmesg|tail

Also, what if you try this:

eject /dev/cdrom

Finally, I'm sure this is obvious, but are you unmounting the DVD first?
Also, you say you have both a DVD writer and BD reader.  Does the writer
read more than one DVD?  Have you checked /etc/udev/rules.d just in case?