accessing android with ssh/rsync

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Mon Mar 30 15:39:44 UTC 2015

Hi Colin,
On 29.03.2015 22:07, Colin Law wrote:
> On 29 March 2015 at 18:13, robert rottermann <robert at redcor.ch> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I would like to access my android using rsync.
>>
>> If anyhow possible, I would like to avoid installing anything on the mobile.
> I presume that you want to run rsync on a PC in order to transfer
> files between the android device and the PC.  The first question is
> how is the android device connected to the PC?
Sorry for being unclear.
I tried to access the device using a usb-cable.

I do see the the device in the list of the device on my desktop, can access it
using the file explore ..
But I can not find it in the file system.
In former Ubuntu version the android was mounted as block device under /media/xx
(i believe), so rsync could be used easily.

thanks
robert