Help with 14.04 on 2009 Mac Mini

Scott Ehrlich scott at ehrlichtronics.com
Mon Mar 23 13:06:12 UTC 2015

This was the tool I used but reported no devices found when my ipad and
iphone were already plugged in and Ubuntu prompted for the ipad
security code so it could access the contents, so I know both the Mac and
Ubuntu see it.

As for Ubuntu not caring about the hardware, I thought of that, but then I
wondered if Apple might care what OS is running on its equipment and give
non MacOS a more difficult time?   Could I be seeing an example of this?
If so, how to get around it to get more power to the USB ports?

Thanks.

Scott - srehrlich at gmail.com