systemd, journalctl and friends

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Sun Mar 22 11:02:54 UTC 2015

I have installed 15.04 to play around with, mostly to get familiar with
systemd, journals and all their new friends. However, all of this is
all new to me.

Is there any good documentation/introduction out there that someone can
recommend for getting familiar with the new functionality these tools
bring, apart from the manpages?

I've been searching for a little while now, but I haven't found
anything I thought was good and comprehensive. I know this is new to
Ubuntu, but systemd has been used in other distros for a while, so
there should be enough somewhere to get me started.

Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed! Please note that I'm not
trying to incite any harsh feelings around systemd, I'm simply trying
to learn, so I can decide for myself how I feel about it.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"