Automounting encrypted flash drives in Gnome+xmonad

sktsee sktseer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 18:04:33 UTC 2015

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:39:24 -0700, Caleb wrote:

> HI sktsee,
>
> Thanks for the reply! I tried "nautilus -n" and got the following
> results:
>
> caleb at storm:~$ nautilus -n
>
> ** (nautilus:6264): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus:
> Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-qgjeqdNTwQ: Connection refused
> caleb at storm:~$ ps auxw | grep nautilus caleb     5047  0.0  1.0 1656904
> 82036 ?       Sl   09:59   0:01 nautilus -n caleb     6270  0.0  0.0
> 11744   920 pts/6    S+   10:35   0:00 grep nautilus caleb at storm:~$
>
> I'm assuming the warning about the accessibility bus can be safely
> ignored.
> The USB drive is still not automounted, however. Any other ideas?

Yeah, usually WARNING messages are ok to ignore.

I'm thinking that some GNOME services aren't running that provides the
dbus intercommunications to talk to udisks to automount/unmount
automatically. Should be able to confirm this by logging into a GNOME
+Metacity session and then in a terminal type "xmonad --replace". If
automounting your USB drive still works after that, then it'll be a
matter of starting the right services when you login to a xmonad session.

--
sktsee