Booting error

C.Tresenriter ctres at grics.net
Mon Mar 16 14:39:23 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-16 at 14:54 +0100, Petter Adsen wrote:

> At some point it might just be better to admit defeat and invest in a
> new motherboard. If the last BIOS update was in 2005, I assume the
> board itself is old. Capacitors, the battery, etc don't last forever.

	Yes, it's very old, over ten years at least so if it isn't dead it
surely will be soon.
	I thought about replacing it but the RAM I have won't work with
anything newer and of course I'll need a          new processor, then
there's the issue of AGP video cards I have... $$$$
I was going to use it for testing, break and fix stuff etc. So I can't
really justify the money for new equipment unless I come up with really
creative excuse.

> Maybe the BIOS itself is corrupted, in some way, so that reflashing the
> version you already have could help. I really don't know what else to
> suggest, I suspect the day of reckoning has come for that motherboard.

	That hadn't occurred to me! I'll give that a try too.

> Again, good luck.
>
> Petter

And again, thanks.