Systemd on vivid beta

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:36:43 UTC 2015

On 9 March 2015 at 13:34, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is what I hoped.  The problem is with shutdown, but only on power
> down.  I can run
> systemctl stop myservice.service
> and it functions correctly, and I can start it again.  But if I
> shutdown it does not seem to be getting the timing right.  My init.d
> script starts

More info, I booted with systemd.log_level=debug.  The startup
sequence for my script is there in gory detail (and is successful) but
there is absolutely no mention of stopping my script at all before
rsyslogd is terminated (signal 15), though on other occasions it has
logged at least the start of my script.

The last few lines of the log are
Mar  9 13:45:29 tigger systemd[1]: About to execute: /etc/init.d/mysql stop
Mar  9 13:45:29 tigger systemd[2875]: Executing: /etc/init.d/mysql stop
Mar  9 13:45:29 tigger rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd"
swVersion="7.4.4" x-pid="696" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com"] exiting
on signal 15.

Looking at init.d/mysql I see that it also has
# Required-Stop:     $remote_fs $syslog
and also that the first executable line inside the stop section is
    log_daemon_msg "Stopping MySQL database server" "mysqld"
and that message does not appear, neither do any other messages from
there or the Stopped message that I would expect to see when it
finishes.  So perhaps there is (at least on my system) a basic problem
with the timing of the killing of rsyslogd.

Colin