downloads stopped working

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Mon Mar 9 17:31:27 UTC 2015

Hello Colin,

Monday, March 9, 2015, 9:06:10 AM, Colin wrote:

> On 9 March 2015 at 05:11, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
>> Recently updated 12.04, may have busted something --
>>
>> FF/download helper/youtube downloads stopped working. Apparently
>> nothing gets dnloaded. FF36. Others see this too? If so, what's
>> currently working for FF36 downloads preferably in mp4 format? I need
>> to get some stuff to help a few choir members practice.

> Can you be more explicit about exactly what you are doing and what
> is not happening? Do you mean download as opposed to play on
> youtube?

I am trying do download video from youtube. I was using the 'download
helper' FF app, but it no longer works.

> Is it an addon that is not working or a general problem downloading
> with FF?

I can view the video in FF by enabling Flash. When I tell DH to
download and convert to mpeg, it looks as though it is starting to
download [a number appears by the icon, as usual]. BUT when I check
the FF downloads, nothing is being downloaded. I also waited more than
enough time for the process to complete, and nothing happened. So, it
looks as though the download part of the process is broken.

Some alternate FF download apps are also not working in FF36, so maybe
that is the problem and not youtube. There are apparently other non-FF
pgms for youtube downloading, but I have not used them. That is why I
asked if anyone knew of anything that IS currently working.

Thanks - I hope the above is a bit more clear...

--

 rikona