Upgrading to 15.04 beta

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 13:44:22 UTC 2015

On 7 March 2015 at 12:52, Petter Adsen <petter at synth.no> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How good is the "do-release-upgrade -d" process from 14.10 to 15.04
> beta at this point? Is it somewhat "safe" to use, or should I rather
> download the latest image and do a reinstall?

I upgraded to 15.04 using that method last week with no problems.
Either way you are testing, either the upgrade process or the
re-installation.  It might be worth booting off a live image first
however and just checking that it basically runs ok on your hardware.

However, If you want to upgrade in place there is no need for a
separate home partition.  When you install just make sure that you go
into Something Else and choose not to partition the / partition.  Then
it will leave /home as it is.

Colin