boot issues after restoring a backup

scar scar at drigon.com
Tue Jun 30 17:54:11 UTC 2015

Petter Adsen wrote on 06/29/2015 11:21 PM:
> I see now that you got it running, but I'll guess that your problem was
> that you had not updated the initramfs after setting the right UUIDs.

yeah thanks, but can you tell me more about this?  i would ideally like
to be able to just restore all of / without having to do much else.  so
suppose i just restore all of /, then what?  i would need to update
/etc/fstab and /etc/crypttab with correct values?  but how do i update
initramfs?  is that update-grub or what?  it seems there would be a
guide somewhere for this sort of system restore but i can't seem to find
anything....