boot issues after restoring a backup

scar scar at drigon.com
Mon Jun 29 17:09:34 UTC 2015

Petter Adsen wrote on 06/29/2015 05:30 AM:
> What's in /etc/fstab and /etc/crypttab? The output of lsblk and blkid
> would also be useful in figuring this out.

i don't understand why that would matter right now, as i can't even boot
the kernel to the point where it asks for my passphrase and thus unlock
the root partition with /etc/fstab and /etc/crypttab, but here is the
requested info for sdb: http://pastebin.com/6Q7Yg8AZ

i did try to update the files with the right UUIDs but i must be missing
something....

i'm thinking i should just do a fresh install of 12.04 and then after
that is booting fine just restore my / (root) from backup... but that
will revert /etc/fstab and /etc/crypttab too....