Strange error reported on booting

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 14:30:45 UTC 2015

I'm running an up-to-date Xubuntu 15.04 on a laptop, and have updated
grub.  It has recently started reporting an error during the boot process,
and the message persists in the C-A-Del F1 console.  It reads

[    0.722491] ACPI PCC probe failed.
starting version 219

The laptop is an old dual-centrino Dell inspiron 1720 -- Windows Vista came
on it originally, although that is long gone.

I'm not familiar with the terms ACPI or PCC, and do not know what software
produced this message, but it's clearly from early in the booting process.

I wonder what's causing this, and what I should do about it.

++ kevin
--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */