cannot upgrade kernel, not a space problem

oxy oxyopes at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:36:02 UTC 2015

hi

>> Are you targeting trusty? What does your /etc/apt/sources.list look like?
>
> Also, note: linux-image-3.19.0-20-generic (3.19.0-20.20~14.04.1)
> [security] Linux kernel image for version 3.19.0 on 64 bit x86 SMP
>
> If you're not tracking security, you won't get that kernel. You should
> be, but might not be. What is in your /etc/apt/sources.list and
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ ?

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty main restricted
deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates main restricted

Thus i am targeting trusty. Just now my software updater upgraded my
kernel to 3.13.0-55-generic.
It means standard installs of  ubuntu desktops are still stick to
kernel 3.13, right?
I think it is all right now. Thx a lot guys.