WiFi chipsets

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Tue Jun 16 06:36:11 UTC 2015

I was recently given an HP laptop by a family friend, that I need to
upgrade. It only has 100Mbps Ethernet and really slow WiFi, and I need
something faster. I have a 1200ac router running OpenWRT, so I'm
considering a WiFi adapter that will get as much speed as possible when
connected to that.

As I suspect the WiFi adapter is on a replaceable mini-PCI card, that's
what I will probably get, or a USB adapter if that isn't possible. This
machine will be running vivid for now.

What chipsets do you people have good experience with, and would
recommend?

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"