Different kernels on my servers?

Knute Johnson ubuntu at knutejohnson.com
Wed Jun 10 17:27:03 UTC 2015

You mustn't have kernel metapackages installed on the 3.2 system (a
12.04 kernel). Look into installing linux-image-generic and
linux-image-generic-lts-utopic.

OK, so I installed those two packages (thanks to Nils also for
suggesting that) and I now have a 3.13 and a 3.16 kernel.  I removed the
old 3.2 kernel.

So one more question, the "utopic" kernel is not 14.04.2?  sktsee
mentioned a "vivid" kernel?

I've been running along for years fat dumb and happy with my 3.2
kernel.  I guess I need to pay a little more attention.

Thanks every body!

--

Knute Johnson