Nautilus+dropbox=problems (Colin Law)

jimkvg at 3web.com jimkvg at 3web.com
Tue Jun 9 00:29:35 UTC 2015

> Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 17:06:35 +0100
> From: Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com>
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
>         <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: Nautilus+dropbox=problems (Colin Law)
>
> On 8 June 2015 at 16:08,  <jimkvg at 3web.com> wrote:
>> Thank you Colin.  I am trying to make this a bit more clear.  This is
>> regarding the problem of DropBox that both of us me and Vitor have
>> experienced.  I had the same problem that Vitor experienced regarding
>> Nautilus.  After several re-installings of DropBox, I noticed that 'restart
>> Nautilus' box didn't show up.  I assumed that the problem was already
>> solved, but I have further problems with DropBox eg icons disappearing from
>> the screen, clicking on 'close', 'hide' or 'reduce/full screen' icons on the
>> upper left corner of windows caused lock up of my PC.  This is something to
>> do with the problems of DropBox itself or maybe the actual problem is in
>> Nautilus???  I admit I do not understand everything in the Linux system.  It
>> is very complicated for me.  I hope that someone out there who read this
>> forums can help pin point the problem and have it fixed.   Thank you.
>
> What do you see if you run, in a terminal
>
> apt-cache policy nautilus
> and
> apt-cache policy nautilus-dropbox
>
> Is there a particular problem you now have that is absolutely
> repeatable, so every time you do it you see the same, undesirable
> thing?  We need something like that to help diagnose the problem.
>
> Colin

This is what I saw in my terminal, using two of your "apts."  What do I do next?  Should I try the two links below?  Jim

jim at jim-MS-7549:~$ apt-cache policy nautilus

nautilus:

 Installed: 1:3.14.2-0ubuntu9

 Candidate: 1:3.14.2-0ubuntu9

 Version table:

*** 1:3.14.2-0ubuntu9 0

       500 http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ vivid/main amd64 Packages

       100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

jim at jim-MS-7549:~$ apt-cache policy nautilus-dropbox

nautilus-dropbox:

 Installed: 2.10.0-1

 Candidate: 2.10.0-1

 Version table: