Nautilus+dropbox=problems

jimkvg at 3web.com jimkvg at 3web.com
Mon Jun 8 03:27:52 UTC 2015

> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 19:59:04 +0100
> From: Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com>
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
>         <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: Nautilus+dropbox=problems
>
> On 7 June 2015 at 19:29, Vitor Manuel <vitor.s.moreira at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since I updated to ubuntu 15.04 - 32 bit I have had problems on system when
>> I access to dropbox.
>
> Unless you give us more information it is unlikely we can help.
> How did you install dropbox?
> What problems are you having?
>
> Colin
This is the same problem I had in the first place.  When I installed DropBox and opened it, a dialog box popped up stating that I must 'restart Nautilus'.  When I clicked on it, my PC locked up!  After several restarts of my PC, the Dropbox seemed to have improved, but some problems recur!   when I clicked on a tiny icon symbolizing "DropBox" on the top bar to far right side, all icons on the screen disappeared!  Everything else is ok.  The side bar came out ok when I moved the mouse arrow close to it.  When I clicked on one of pictures in my DropBox, it opened up ok.  When I clicked on 'close', 'hide' or 'expand/reduce' the mouse arrow went frozen in its place. When I held 'ctrl' and 'alt' keys down and hit 'delete' key, my computer restarted ok, but no icons on the screen.  I had to shut down my PC to start it up again to get all the icons back on.  Everything else is ok, but not DropBox.  Does it have bugs?  Please help?  Thank you.  Jim