backlight utility?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Fri Jul 24 02:42:17 UTC 2015

I've got a samsung n220 netbook into which I recently installed a ssd.
I took advantage of the install to do a clean fresh install of U14.04.
It went well except that I can no longer adjust my backlight. The
function keys that used to do this appear to work - I get a little
slider display on-screen - but there isn't any actual difference in
screen brightness. Anyone have an idea about this one? I tried the
software centre under acpi and backlight but the hits don't seem
relevant.

Dave

--
There is a very nasty proposal afoot to pollute the air
in Smithers even more than it is now. Various objections