Solved - Re: How to permanently set higher process priority in GUI

Tony Baechler - BATS bats at batsupport.com
Mon Jul 20 08:25:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.  Yes, xfce-taskmanager looks
more or less like what I had in mind except that it isn't permanent.  As it
turns out, he switched to using VLC to do the transcoding and it's much
faster with better results, so I don't need to try to write a script after
all.  After trying winff, handbrake and another package, VLC seems to meet
his needs the best.  It still isn't really fast, but the speed is tolerable.
  It seems to transcode the video about twice as fast as real-time, so it's
acceptable enough.

Thanks again for your help.