Handling unwanted email

W Scott Lockwood III vladinator at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:30:36 UTC 2015

On 7/17/2015 3:25 PM, Noah wrote:
> I have my own server and I have been working with much more difficult
> software than spamassassin.  clamav is fine I got that working fine.
I really like the combination of Amavis, Spamassassin, and ClamAV for a
small simple server. Setup instructions that might be helpful to that
sort of setup can be found here:
https://rtcamp.com/tutorials/mail/server/amavis-spamassassin-clamav/

YMMV of course, but that's how I do it for something small (Say, 10k
inbound emails a day or less). For a larger system, I usually chain
incoming servers together, one does the spamassassin work, one does the
ClamAV work, and one just takes the pounding from the outside. I've done
this for mail systems that intake well over a million mail messages a
day, it works great.