Latest Updates to 14.04.2 LTS

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Tue Jul 14 11:57:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 06:27:55 -0500
Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> The  latest updates for my system has caused Flash Player to quit working.
>
> Adobe no longer supports ...
>
> Is there a suitable replacement?

You could start here:

http://alternativeto.net/software/flash-player/?platform=linux

Note: I'm not recommending any of these, AFAIK they may not even work
with most sites. Whether or not they are "suitable" would depend on
your needs, I would guess, but I haven't seen people falling over each
other to recommend these as practical alternatives.

> I use Firefox and it is up to date also. I would prefer not to change
> browsers.

If you are willing to reconsider that, I believe Chrome has it's own
Flash plugin. Unfortunately, that is probably your best option. The
only other option I know of that might suit you better, is to install
Chromium and the package 'pepperflashplugin-nonfree'.

> Other ideas I might try to get Flash running again?

If there are no updates to the package 'flashplugin-installer', then no.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"