Backup of Banshee 2.6.2 in Ubuntu 14.04

Donald F. Parsons dfp10 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 9 18:20:13 UTC 2015

On 07/09/2015 10:26 AM, William Scott Lockwood III wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Donald F. Parsons <dfp10 at verizon.net> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Can someone inform me of a simple backup method?
>> Thanks
> We really need more information to give you any sort of useful
> answers. I could simply say cp, dd, or rsync. All of those can back up
> a system in one way or another. I could also say Amanda or Bacula. Or
> Google Drive.
>
> What are you trying to backup?
> What do you hope to be able to do with a backup should you ever need it?
> Where do you want to store a backup?
> --
> W. Scott Lockwood II
William,
My Banshee is a fairly complete data base of Milsteins violin recordings
(the contents of 27 CDs in 27 playlists). I want to backup each playlist
since it has taken me much time to categorize their contents.
I will store the playlists under a Banshee volume in my Toshiba Ext
repository which now has 456gb of memory free.
Thanks
Don Parsons  dfp10 at verizon.net