kernel upgrade held back

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 9 17:39:40 UTC 2015

On Thu, 9 Jul 2015 13:29:30 -0400
Mark Haney wrote:

> IIRC, if it's held back, and you didn't pin the kernels, then it's not a
> security update.  I know on the dozen or so 14.04.2 LTS servers that a
> large part of the kernels are held back and only a handful are not due to
> security updates.  I subscribe to the Ubuntu Security announcements list
> and haven't seen one recently for 3.19.0.

OK. Thanks. I won't worry about installing it.

But then that means there is a problem of some sort, since it is marked as
a security update by the software updater and it is offering to install it
but doesn't.  I wonder what it will do when a security update does come
along.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber