spontaneous logging out (gnome-flashback)

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 19:36:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Adam Funk <a24061 at ducksburg.com> wrote:
> A relative's computer is running Ubuntu 15.04 (installed as 14.04 &
> upgraded twice).  He uses gnome-flashback with metacity, but I think
> he's had the same problem with gnome-flashback with compiz.
> Occasionally, erratically, it suddenly makes the drumbeat noise &
> drops back to the lightdm login screen.  (This is especially annoying
> in the middle of Minecraft.)  I can't find anything in the syslog
> other than a normal logout, & there doesn't seem to be any pattern in
> when it happens.  This doesn't happen every day, but definitely
> hapened in 14.10 (I think it happened in 14.04 too).
>
> I'd be grateful for any debugging suggestions.

Im on 14.04 and Ive had this same issue for two years.
For me, when I boot up and log in, count to about 30
and it will do exactly as you said - drum beat - log out.

If you look in your syslog there will be something like (and I dont
have what mine
says in front of me right now) something is unstable. Its just four lines.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606