Yahoo POP download broken?

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Mon Jul 6 15:34:37 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-07-05 at 08:43 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> On 4 July 2015 at 18:39, David Fletcher <dave at thefletchers.net> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2015-07-04 at 17:29 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> >> I don't know but I wonder whether it is this:
> >>
> >> getmail version 4.48.0 has been released and is available for download
> >> at the usual place:
> >> http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/
> >

> > Yes that fixed it. Thanks ever so much Colin.
>
> Glad to be of help.  I just used the technique I use to answer most
> questions.  I googled the error message with a couple of extra
> selected keywords :)

It was probably my omission of the couple of extra keywords that caused
me not to find the same place as you did. I was assuming that because I
had not changed any of my configuration, it must have been Yahoo that
was at fault.

So lesson learned - Linux installations can have new software faults
when packages are upgraded.