2 nvidia cards, 2 xserver issue

steve reilly steve at reillyblog.com
Fri Jul 3 22:32:09 UTC 2015

Hi all

looking for a little help to get my 3rd screen working properly, currently
cursor shows as an "x". Have  2 fairly recent nvidia cards, gt610 and a
gt740.  2 lcds on the 610 on pci express x1 and one on the 740 running on
pci express x16.  the 740 is setup as separate xserver as thats the only
option to use anymore when you have a second card. also apparently the name
of the 740 is not recognized properly for some reason, so it shows as
"unkown", but still works fine.

Took a bunch of screenshots of nvidia settings that show the current setup
here http://imgur.com/a/9pupk

and this is the current xorg.conf  http://paste.ubuntu.com/11817732/
you will see xinerama was tried and removed it, all 3 monitors worked, but
I couldnt login.  upon entering password,  started to login, but then went
back to login screen.

ideally, I would like to be able to drag windows between all 3 monitors
like I was able to do with 12.04 until that all changed...  twinview was a
nice thing to have. if you need anything else, let me know, thanks!

Steve Reilly