Gedit - disabling "untitled document 1"

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Fri Jan 30 21:32:39 UTC 2015

Hello Gene,

Thursday, January 29, 2015, 5:29:55 AM, Gene wrote:

> Scrap gedit, I have had it totally trash the contents of what are
> basically 7 bit ascii files entirely too many times. So while we
> don't have the specialty code plugins for geany that gedit has, I
> switched to it for my linuxcnc work

That is a NICE pgm!! Thanks much for the suggestion. It has some
features that have already been useful to me. I can see why you might
like it, and why it gets lots of good reviews.

Also, it might get around some of the Unity/KDE compatibility issues -
I'll have to check that out more [at least one copy/paste works that
failed before...]

Thanks,

--

 rikona