Learning Resources Zoomy Handheld Digital Microscope on Ubuntu 14.04

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:00:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if this device will work under Ubuntu 14.04?
>

> http://www.learningresources.com/product/zoomy--8482-+handheld+digital+microscope.do

I was curious about this -- over the recent holidays a friend showed off a
(different model) USB microscope he had snagged from meh.com earlier in the
year for $10. https://meh.com/forum/topics/tasco-digital-microscope-1 For
some reason he demonstrated it in Windows, even though his laptop
dual-boots Ubuntu, and I didn't ask why. We (younger and older but all
evening.

If you search Amazon.com for "USB Microscope" you will see the model you
mentioned as well as several others, some of which specifically promise
linux compatibility, but most do not. I just searched the Amazon questions
and reviews on this specific model, and nobody has mentioned linux in
general or Ubuntu specifically.

You might ask a question on Amazon and hope someone who owns one replies.
Or you might contact the manufacturer. Or you could buy one and be prepared
to send it back if you cannot make it work.