Software Uptater problems

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Wed Jan 14 22:40:50 UTC 2015

** Reply to message from Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> on Wed, 14 Jan 2015
21:53:28 +0000

> On 14 January 2015 at 19:10, Bob <ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net> wrote:
> > I did not start the updater the system did.  I do not know how long the icon
> > was on the launch pad.
>
> OK, when you said you clicked on the icon I thought you meant to start
> it.

I guess it is semantics.  The system places the Software Updater icon on the
launch pad when there are updates available.  When I clicked on the Software
Updater icon did I start the program or was it already running?

>  Were there other applications open on screen already?  Possibly
> the updater window was behind some other window on screen.   I have
> seen that a few times with Unity with a number of applications.  If
> you click to show something and it does not show it is worth
> minimising all the other apps to see if the window is behind one of
> them.

Yes there were other open windows and I did minimize then to see if it was
behind them.

--
Robert Blair