Big Disk Performance Difference Between 13.04/14.10 and 14.04

Paul Brown paul90brown at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 05:04:08 UTC 2015

When I look at info about the raid volume it says "Sector Size: 512". That
means I'm not affected by 4k sector problems?

I learned a bit more about the machines. They're not exactly the same. The
two poorly performing machines have different raid controller chipset
revisions and motherboard chipset revisions. And they still perform poorly
even when they're on 13.04 (same version as the good machine).

Oddly enough, the two poorly performing machines have great read speed when
they're on Ubuntu 14.10, but the write speed is still not so good.