synaptics package maneger

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Jan 2 22:07:40 UTC 2015

On Friday 02 January 2015 11:47:56 NoOp did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 01/02/2015 02:59 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 02 January 2015 02:47:28 NoOp did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:

> >> Sorry, but there *is* see:
> >>
> >> <http://s1.postimg.org/dq4u8ae9b/Screenshot_from_2015_01_01_23_39_25
> >> .pn g>
> >
> > Thats pretty, but I don't have the mark all upgrades button you have
> > circled in red.
> >
> > FWIW, I just ran md5sum against the burned media and got exactly the
> > md5sum posted on the Mint 17.1 download page for the amd64 cinnamon
> > version. 0307ffcd5046c176599904193899426e
> >
> >> $ apt-cache policy synaptic
> >>
> >> synaptic:
> >>   Installed: 0.81.1ubuntu1
> >>   Candidate: 0.81.1ubuntu1
> >>
> >>   Version table:
> >>  *** 0.81.1ubuntu1 0
> >>
> >>         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
> >>
> >> trusty-updates/universe amd64 Packages
> >>
> >>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> >>
> >>      0.81.1 0
> >>
> >>         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe
> >>         amd64
> >>
> >> Packages
> >
> > That also  pretty but meaningless on this lucid machine.
> >
> > Looking at the casper/filesystem-manifest on the cd, it claims
> > synaptic is version 0.81.2-4.
>
> <https://www.google.com/#q=synaptic+0.81.2-4>
>
> <http://tuxtweaks.com/2014/09/restore-mark-all-upgrades-in-synaptic-lin
> ux-mint-17/>
>
> I suggest that you find, and ask on a Mint support list/group...

There is not a mint list that google can find.  And because of that lack
of support, Mint 17.1 LTS is history, its been over-written with debian 7
(wheezy) with a custom realtime kernel.  And so far, everything works.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)